The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you a sugar lover trying to make it on the keto diet? I get it, I love me some sweets, but I really wanted to lower my carb intake. Then, I discovered this low-carb, keto-friendly chocolate chip cookie recipe and fell in love!
During my first pregnancy, I needed a prenatal meal plan that was low carb (prescribed by my midwife), but I was always craving sweets. I knew there had to be a way that I could satisfy my sweet tooth without overloading my body with carbs. I’m so glad I found this recipe and enjoy an occasional dessert throughout my pregnancy.
Don’t go another day battling between craving cookies and wanting to keep a low-carb diet. Try this cookie recipe and feel guiltless over having a sweet treat!
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Most of these items are typical for a cookie recipe, but there are a few that you may need to pick up at the store. Things like coconut flour, almond flour, serve sweetener, and Lily’s chocolate chips are unique to this cookie recipe to help lower the number of carbs.
If you are doing keto for any length of time you will definitely be using these items again so they won’t be left to collect dust in your pantry.
To make sure you aren’t missing any ingredients, here is a full list of items you will need to make these delicious cookies.
- Coconut oil
- Swerve Sweetener
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Coconut flour
What Flour Do You Use to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You can use almond flour or coconut flour, depending on your taste preferences. If you don’t like the taste of coconut then stick with almond flour. For both almond and coconut flour, I use Bob’s Red Mill because it has fewer carbs per serving than others.
How Many Carbs Are in Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies?
There are 6 net carbs in these chocolate chip cookies when using the brands I outline. If you are looking for fewer carbs, you can swap out the serve sweetener and brown sugar for monk fruit sweetener. That will give you fewer carbs but might change the flavor of the cookies.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 tsp. coconut flour (optional- for fluffier cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a bowl, add butter and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla to the bowl and combine. If you are using coconut flour, add it here.
- In another bowl, whisk in almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add butter mixture to almond flour mixture until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll chocolate chip cookie dough into balls and add to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and let cool on the counter.
Keep the Keto Diet Sustainable With These Cookies
These cookies can be the one thing that allows you to eat a keto diet sustainably instead of quitting every two weeks because you crave sweets so badly. The recipe is super simple and they will be enjoyed by the whole family.
Try this recipe and tell me how you liked it in the comments.